Comtec LED Introduction
Replacing fluorescent luminaires with LED offers rapid return on investment and significant reductions in maintenance cost but can be challenging with downlight installations where existing holes in ceiling tiles and plasterboard can make the installation of LED alternatives difficult and costly given their smaller form compared to fluorescent downlights.
The Comtec LED offers the same cutting edge performance, lifetime and warranty as our Protec LED downlight but in a larger housing size suitable for a 210mm cut out ensuring that the majority of fluorescent installations can be replaced quickly and easily with minimal need to adjust ceilings. Where needed a range of adaptor rigs can also be supplied for larger cut outs suitable for both ceiling tiles and plasterboard ceilings.
The Comtec LED is available in 1100, 2000 and 3000 lumen variants as well as dimming and emergency options allowing the performance to be tailored to most applications. A wide range of attachments complete the range including frosted, clear and drop glass variants amongst many others ensuring that aesthetics are not compromised in pursuit of efficiency.
- Meeting Rooms
- Educational Establishments
The benefits of LED lighting
- Long life, low maintenance cost – If used for 10 hours everyday the lifespan could exceed 10 years, offering savings through reduced maintenance costs.
- Extended lumen maintenance – HID and fluorescent lamps have a far shorter life with higher lumen depreciation meaning lamp changes have to be made far more frequently (as often as every 9 months for HID) in order to maintain the required light level.
- Fully dimmable – Being able to fully dim LEDs makes for greater energy savings and extended lifetime.
- Glass & mercury free – Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs have no brittle glass casing. This combined with being mercury free makes them the ideal choice for food safe environments where contamination must be avoided.
- Rugged durability and reliability – LED lights have no fragile filament or tube. They are generally more resistant to cold temperatures and shock, relative to HID and fluorescent lamps.
- Flicker free operation – Switch start and discharge luminaires exhibit flicker whilst in operation. This stroboscopic effect can be dangerous in areas with moving or rotating machinery and can also trigger epilepsy. LEDs operate with no flicker.
- No UV or IR – LEDs produce no Ultraviolet or Infrared which offers wider application potential.
- Extremely wide operating temperature range – Can be used at very low temperatures but also suited to warmer environments.
- Instant light – LEDs have no ‘run-up’ period or re-strike delay which can occur with HID lighting. Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs are not affected by switching. Therefore, regardless of switching cycles LED life will remain the same.
- 5 year system warranty (terms and conditions apply, please see our warranty page for full details).
- ABS housing.
- Die cast aluminium bezel.
- Available with a range of attachments including opal glass, clear glass and drop glass.
- Custom bezels available on request for retrofit applications.
- LORs in excess of 90%.
- Although lumen packages will always remain the same, lumens per watt will only improve in line with developments to the Philips Fortimo chip technology. This offers improved performance and greater efficiency. For further information about the current generation please contact the Dextra Technical team on 01747 858100.
- L2 compliant 60 llm/w*.
- ECA compliant*.
*specific variants only
- Dimming options include Touch-Dim and DALI.
- 3 hour maintained and self test emergency.
- Three adjustable brackets to accommodate a range of ceiling thicknesses.
- One cut-out size – 210mm diameter.
- Suitable for plasterboard, mineral fibre and metal tile installation.
- The Dexsor Reacta range offers a number of sensor controls from PIR and microwave to daylight regulation and bright-out.
- For further information visit the Lighting Controls section.
At Dextra we are proud of our commitment to providing the best possible support to our customers before, during and after your purchase. We will always provide our utmost support to you through every stage of the process. This will give you peace of mind that you are purchasing a quality product from a reputable UK company with an enviable reputation for customer care with over 30 years of experience in the lighting industry.
- Visit the Warranty page for Comtec LED
How to order
Please ensure you read the Important Information section prior to placing an order.
|CTEC L11 C84||Comtec LED, 1100 lumen, Colour 840||13.1w|
|CTEC L20 C84||Comtec LED, 2000 lumen, Colour 840||20.4w|
|CTEC L30 C84||Comtec LED, 3000 lumen, Colour 840||30.9w|
|CTECM CG||Clear Glass IP40|
|CTECM OG||Opal Glass IP40|
|CTECM DG||Drop Glass|
|CTECM DGR||Drop Glass Ring|
|CTECM WR||White Ring|
|CTECM PG||Patterned Glass|
|CTECM CYLINDER HALO||Cylinder Halo|
|E3||3 Hour Maintained Emergency|
|ST3||Self Test Emergency|
|AT3||Auto Test Emergency|