- LED Modules
- Thermal Mgt
- Related Blogs
Comtec LED Introduction
- The Comtec LED is the latest addition to our downlight range giving a cost effective alternative to the Protec LED range.
- The Comtec LED is designed around the Philips Fortimo twistable range of sources providing an easily maintainable LED source for the first time in our range of LED products. The Comtec LED is designed to accommodate a traditional set of downlight attachments allowing a more conventional downlight aesthetic with options such as frosted, drop and clear glass. The luminaire size is similar to traditional fluorescent products allowing retrofit with minimal risk of changing cut out size (please check luminaire dimensions for confirmation).
- The Comtec LED can be used in a range of applications from corridors to receptions through to retail and display and with certain attachments offers IP44 protection allowing this luminaire to be installed in applications where dust, dirt and liquid ingress is a potential issue such as toilets or under canopies. The Comtec LED offers a versatile downlight giving excellent energy savings and low maintenance costs at a competitive price.
- Custom bezels available on request for retrofit applications to ensure suitability for existing ceiling cut outs.
- Meeting Rooms
- Educational Establishments
“There are three key elements to effective LED performance, the LED, its driver and most importantly optimised thermal management.”
- The Comtec LED utilises the Philips Fortimo DLM twistable giving a lifetime of 25,000 operating hours.
- The LED module can be changed at the end of its life without the need to replace the luminaire.
- As would be expected from a quality source such as Philips, this LED is provided with a 3 year warranty.
The key to unlocking the full potential of LED lighting lies in effective thermal management. Put in its simplest terms, operating LEDs at cool temperatures maximises performance and life. The process of removing unwanted heat away from the LED module requires a heatsink.
The innovative design of our CoolFin heatsink (image below) optimises heat transfer from the LED module to the surrounding air by maximising the surface area of the heatsink, while minimising the mass of aluminium used in assembly. This allows superior heat dissipation and much lower weight when compared with extruded aluminium heatsinks of similar size. The design uses interlocked aluminium fins brazed onto a precision machined solid aluminium core.
The benefits of LED lighting
- Long life, low maintenance cost – If used for 10 hours everyday the lifespan could exceed 10 years, offering savings through reduced maintenance costs.
- Extended lumen maintenance – HID and fluorescent lamps have a far shorter life with higher lumen depreciation meaning lamp changes have to be made far more frequently (as often as every 9 months for HID) in order to maintain the required light level.
- Fully dimmable – Being able to fully dim LEDs makes for greater energy savings and extended lifetime.
- Glass & mercury free – Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs have no brittle glass casing. This combined with being mercury free makes them the ideal choice for food safe environments where contamination must be avoided.
- Rugged durability and reliability – LED lights have no fragile filament or tube. They are generally more resistant to cold temperatures and shock, relative to HID and fluorescent lamps.
- Flicker free operation – Switch start and discharge luminaires exhibit flicker whilst in operation. This stroboscopic effect can be dangerous in areas with moving or rotating machinery and can also trigger epilepsy. LEDs operate with no flicker.
- No UV or IR – LEDs produce no Ultraviolet or Infrared which offers wider application potential.
- Extremely wide operating temperature range – Can be used at very low temperatures but also suited to warmer environments.
- Instant light – LEDs have no ‘run-up’ period or re-strike delay which can occur with HID lighting. Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs are not affected by switching. Therefore, regardless of switching cycles LED life will remain the same.
- 3 year system warranty (terms and conditions apply, please see our warranty page for full details).
- 3 adjustable retention clips suitable for ceiling thickness from 3-25mm.
- OpticSpec reflector designed for high efficiency performance.
- Available with a wide range of attachments to suit a variety of applications.
- Extruded Coolfin heatsink.
- Custom bezels available on request for retrofit applications.
- 2000 lumen output
- L2 compliant 60 llm/W*
- ECA compliant*
- LOR up to 88.6%
Please use our LED3 as a standalone emergency system in conjunction with this product.
- Suitable for installation in ceiling tiles and plasterboard ceiling systems, 3-25mm ceiling depth (TBC).
- Please contact technical department for advice on suitability with your specific ceiling system.
- The Dexsor Reacta range offers a number of sensor controls from PIR and microwave to daylight regulation and bright-out.
- For further information visit the Lighting Controls section.
At Dextra we are proud of our commitment to providing the best possible support to our customers before, during and after your purchase. We will always provide our utmost support to you through every stage of the process. This will give you peace of mind that you are purchasing a quality product from a reputable UK company with an enviable reputation for customer care with over 30 years of experience in the lighting industry.
- Visit the Warranty page for Comtec LED
How to order
Please ensure you read the Important Information section prior to placing an order.
|CTECM L20 WR C84||Comtec 2000 lumen White Ring Colour 84||28w||64.9|
|CTECM L20 WR C83||Comtec 2000 lumen White Ring Colour 83||28w||64.9|
|2000 Lumen Attachments|
|CTECM CG||2000 lumen clear glass attachment|
|CTECM OG||2000 lumen opal glass attachment|
|CTECM DG||2000 lumen drop glass attachment|
|* Custom bezels available on request for retrofit applications to ensure suitability for existing ceiling cut outs, please enquire with our sales department for further information.|